Newborn must-haves: All you need to know
Thursday, December 9th, 2021
With the arrival of our precious ones, things can become perplexing. There is a new person to look after and multiple things to take care of. And if that’s not enough there is a constant nagging fear… are we doing things right?
Every child is different and not everything can be learnt at one go. The right food, the right care, the right clothing, there are a crazy number of things to stress you out!
While we at Cucumber can’t help with on ground babysitting we can share a few things that might just help you out. So here goes, today, we will try and cover some baby essentials. Please note, it is nowhere close to a complete list but you definitely need them!
Did you know that on average a parent can easily spend anywhere between Rs. 3000-5000 per month on baby clothes? Unlike when they become teenagers and want a wardrobe full of options, the little one has no option! They are still adapting to the world outside the womb but more about that later.
Comfortable, soft, and something that is easy to take care of. At Cucumber Kidswear, you can obtain the best of clothes for your little one. Avail comfort with Cucumber and we aim to provide your precious one with the apparel most suitable and within your budget. Weaved with love, quality and care.
- Diapers: Goes without saying. Each parent has to spend a large amount of time changing the nappies for their babies to avoid bedwetting at all costs. In all honesty, this might be a difficulty in the first few weeks.
- Clothes: Considering the massive amount of clothing changes that are required for them, what are the essentials that you can have? Something that is quick for a change yet comfortable for them. Varieties can include onesies, cotton-based clothes, socks etc. Our little ones have supple skin, so it is important to ensure that they are dressed only in soft clothes.
- Beddings: Considering the sensitive skin newborns have, the beddings used for them should also be soft. One that does not make them uncomfortable.
- Pacifiers: As the name suggests, a pacifier is essential to keep the baby’s mood in check. It soothes them (a reason why they are also called soothers.) One thing though, this should be only in the first few months; it shouldn’t become a bad habit.
- Baby cloths: As your little one drinks his way through his meals, a lot of it is going to be spilled. Having a baby cloth handy shall help in cleaning up the mess.
- Nursing kit: This shall include all the medical emergencies for both you and your little one. While infants don’t need medicines until it is an emergency, it is always better to be on the safe side and keep some basics like Gripewater ready for stomach aches.